Day 7 - Saturday

God, come to my assistance

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Ghost
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end, Amen.

Psalm 119:33-40
ה — He

33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.

Ant. 1: Lead me, Lord, in the path of your commandments.

35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36 Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain.

Ant. 1: Lead me, Lord, in the path of your commandments.

37 Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise, which is for those who fear you.

Ant. 1: Lead me, Lord, in the path of your commandments.

39 Turn away the disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.
40 See, I have longed for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life.

Ant. 1: Lead me, Lord, in the path of your commandments.

Psalm-prayer
In your justice give us life, Father. Do not allow greed to possess us but incline our hearts to your commands. Give us understanding to know your law and direct us according to your will.

Psalm 34
God the savior of the just
...if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. NRS 1 Peter 2:3
I

1 I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad.

Ant. 2: Those who seek the Lord will be filled with every blessing.

3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Ant. 2: Those who seek the Lord will be filled with every blessing.

5 Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
6 This poor soul cried, and was heard by the LORD, and was saved from every trouble.

Ant. 2: Those who seek the Lord will be filled with every blessing.

7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.

Ant. 2: Those who seek the Lord will be filled with every blessing.

9 O fear the LORD, you his holy ones, for those who fear him have no want.
10 The young lions suffer want and hunger, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Ant. 2: Those who seek the Lord will be filled with every blessing.

II

11 Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Which of you desires life, and covets many days to enjoy good?

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.

13 Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry.

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.


16 The face of the LORD is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.

17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD rescues them from them all.
20 He keeps all their bones; not one of them will be broken.

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.

21 Evil brings death to the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
22 The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

Ant. 3: Seek and strive for peace.


Psalm-prayer
Graciously hear us, Lord, for we seek only you. You are near to those whose heart is right. Open yourself to accept our sorrowful spirit; calm our bodies and minds with the peace which surpasses understanding.

Midmorning
Reading
1 Kings 8:60-61
...so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God; there is no other. Therefore devote yourselves completely to the LORD our God, walking in his statutes and keeping his commandments, as at this day."

Lord, my God, teach me your ways.
-- Make me live by the light of your truth.

Prayer
God, all-powerful Father,
fill your people with the light of your Holy Spirit,
that, safe from every enemy,
we may rejoice in singing your praises.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Midday
Reading
Jeremiah 17:9-10
The heart is devious above all else; it is perverse-- who can understand it? I the LORD test the mind and search the heart, to give to all according to their ways, according to the fruit of their doings.

Free me from my hidden faults.
-- Never let me sin through pride.

Prayer
Lord, fill us with the resplendent light
of your eternal love.
May we love you above all things,
and our brothers for your sake.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Midafternoon
Reading
Wisdom 7:27a; 8:1
Although she is but one, she can do all things, and while remaining in herself, she renews all things...She reaches mightily from one end of the earth to the other, and she orders all things well.

How wonderful are your works, O Lord.
-- Fathomless your designs.

Prayer
Lord,
make the peace we pray for a reality:
may we live our days in quiet joy
and, with the help of the Virgin Mary's prayers,
safely reach your kingdom.
Grant us this through Christ our Lord.

Conclusion
Let us praise the Lord.
-- And give him thanks.