Day 1 - Sunday

God, come to my assistance.
-- Lord, make haste to help me.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Ghost
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end, Amen.

Psalm 118
Song of joy for salvation
This Jesus is 'the stone that was rejected by you, the builders; it has become the cornerstone.' NRS Acts 4:11
I

1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever!

Ant. 1: What better can we do than take refuge in the Lord!
His love will never fail, alleluia

2 Let Israel say, "His steadfast love endures forever."
3 Let the house of Aaron say, "His steadfast love endures forever."
4 Let those who fear the LORD say, "His steadfast love endures forever."

Ant. 1: What better can we do than take refuge in the Lord!
His love will never fail, alleluia

5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.
6 With the LORD on my side I do not fear. What can mortals do to me?
7 The LORD is on my side to help me; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.

Ant. 1: What better can we do than take refuge in the Lord!
His love will never fail, alleluia

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to put confidence in mortals.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Ant. 1: What better can we do than take refuge in the Lord!
His love will never fail, alleluia


II

10 All nations surrounded me; in the name of the LORD I cut them off!

Ant 2: The Lord is my strength,
and I shall sing his priase, alleluia.

11 They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side; in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
12 They surrounded me like bees; they blazed like a fire of thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off!

Ant 2: The Lord is my strength,
and I shall sing his priase, alleluia.

13 I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the LORD helped me.
14 The LORD is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.
15 There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous: "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly;

Ant 2: The Lord is my strength,
and I shall sing his priase, alleluia.

16 the right hand of the LORD is exalted; the right hand of the LORD does valiantly."
17 I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the LORD.
18 The LORD has punished me severely, but he did not give me over to death.

Ant 2: The Lord is my strength,
and I shall sing his priase, alleluia.


III

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the LORD.
20 This is the gate of the LORD; the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.

Ant 3: I shall proclaim your goodness, Lord,
for you have answered me.

22 The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Ant 3: I shall proclaim your goodness, Lord,
for you have answered me.

25 Save us, we beseech you, O LORD! O LORD, we beseech you, give us success!
26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD. We bless you from the house of the LORD.

Ant 3: I shall proclaim your goodness, Lord,
for you have answered me.

27 The LORD is God, and he has given us light. Bind the festal procession with branches, up to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God, I will extol you.
29 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Ant 3: I shall proclaim your goodness, Lord,
for you have answered me.


Psalm-prayer
Lord God, you have given us the great day of rejoicing: Jesus Christ, the stone rejected by the builders, has become the cornerstone of the Church, our spiritual home. Shed upon your Church the rays of your glory, that it may be seen as the gate of salvation open to all nations. Let cries of joy and exultation ring out from its tents, to celebrate the wonder of Christ's resurrection.

Midmorning
Reading NRS 1 John 4:16
So we have known and believe
the love that God has for us.
God is love,
and those who abide in love
abide in God,
and God abides in them.

Incline my heart according to your will, O God.
-- Speed my steps along your path.

Midday
Reading NRS Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow. If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit.

Your promise, Lord, will stand forever.
-- In every generation your word is true.

Midafternoon
Reading: NRS Galatians 6:9-10
So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up. So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith.

From the depths of my heart I cry to you, Lord,
-- I shall always do your will.

Prayer

Conclusion
Let us praise the Lord.
-- And give him thanks.